Looking for a mouth-watering and crispy snack to munch on? Look no further than chicken pakora ! This South Asian delicacy is a perfect blend of succulent chicken pieces coated in a flavorful batter made from chickpea flour and spices, then deep-fried until golden brown. Served with a side of tangy dipping sauce, this dish is a popular appetizer or snack that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking to satisfy your hunger pangs, chicken pakoda is sure to delight your taste buds with its delicious crunch and bold flavors.
Table of Contents
Chicken Pakora Recipe in Simple Steps
Let’s do it! If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make snack or appetizer, try making chicken pakodi at home! This crispy and flavorful dish is made with marinated chicken pieces coated in a batter made from chickpea flour and spices, then deep-fried until golden brown. It’s perfect for sharing with friends and family, or for enjoying as a tasty snack any time of day. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can make your own restaurant-quality chicken pakoda at home
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chickpea flour (also called besan)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water For Mixture of Batter
- 2 ltr water For boiling of Chicken
- 0.25 ltr Oil for frying
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the chicken to the boiling water. Make sure that the chicken is fully submerged in the water.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the chicken simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, salt, cumin, coriander, chili powder, turmeric, and baking powder.
- Gradually add the water to the dry mixture, stirring constantly, until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the boiled chicken pieces to the batter, and stir until each piece is well coated.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, use a slotted spoon to carefully drop the chicken pieces into the oil, a few at a time. Fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken pakoda from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the chicken pakodi hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Different Names of Chicken Pakora | Chicken Pakodi
Pakora chicken, chicken pakoda, chicken pakodi, chicken pakoras, and chicken pakora are all different variations of the same dish, which can be found in different regions of the world. To make this dish, you need to start by marinating the chicken in a mixture of spices and then coating it in the batter made from chickpea flour. You can then deep-fry the chicken in hot oil until it is crispy and golden brown.
Easy to Make it Home
The recipe of chicken pakora is quite simple and can be easily made at home. To make the batter for the pakora, you need to mix chickpea flour with water and spices until it forms a smooth paste. You can also add other ingredients to the batter, such as chopped onions or green chilies, to enhance the flavor.
One important thing to note when making chicken pakora is that the batter needs to be thick enough to coat the chicken pieces evenly. You can adjust the consistency of the batter by adding more or less water as needed. Once you have coated the chicken pieces in the batter, you can then deep-fry them in hot oil until they are crispy and golden brown.
Overall, chicken pakora is a delicious and satisfying dish that is loved by people all around the world. Whether you are looking to make it at home or order it from a restaurant, you are sure to enjoy the bold flavors and crispy texture of this classic dish.
Q 1: How to make pakora batter?
Answer: To make pakora batter, you will need to mix together the following ingredients: 1 cup of chickpea flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Gradually add 1/2 cup of water to the mixture while stirring constantly, until a smooth batter is formed. The batter should not be too thick or too thin, as it should be able to coat the chicken pieces evenly.
Q 2: How to make chicken pakora?
Answer: To make chicken pakora, firstly boil the chicken pieces then you need to marinate 1 pound boneless boiled chicken breast pieces with your preferred spices, coat them in the pakora batter, and then deep-fry in oil until golden brown.
Q 3: What is chicken pakora?
Answer: Chicken pakora is a popular South Asian snack or appetizer made with marinated chicken pieces that are coated in a batter made from chickpea flour and spices, and then deep-fried until golden brown. It is crispy, flavorful, and often served with a chutney or sauce for dipping.
- Spice Up Your Day with Flavorful Potato Green Chile Tacos! - November 16, 2023
- Chaufa de Carne: Unraveling the Peruvian Culinary Delight - July 15, 2023
- Raw Delight from the Sea: Hamachi Crudo - April 2, 2023